Saturday 20 August 2011

So here I am

I had a friend recently tell me I should write a blog about my cakes as some of them have interesting stories behind them - so I thought why on earth not!!!
I am a stay at home mum with 4 children, the eldest ones being 19 and almost 14 and the youngest being 3 and 18 months.
I find being a stay at home quite hard work, I find it hard to not have something I do for me, so needing something to do I starting thinking about what I was good at - turns out I didn't come up with a lot!!!
One night I watch Julie and Julia and I absolutely loved it and thought what a cool idea, I have literally hundreds of cookbooks with recipes I am always dying to try, so why not work my way through my books and give what I bake away.
So I started a facebook page, called it Devine Cakes and away I went, I started with making things people requested and then had competitions to give them away, people started asking me to make them cakes and cupcakes, so I thought why not?? Before I knew it I had a thriving little online business!!!
So that is the story of the birth of Devine Cakes and I promise you I will blog regularly and keep you up to date with what I am up to, my struggles being a mother and cake decorator and the stories behind some of my cakes

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the bloggy world!!! Your cakes are amazing, cant wait to follow your blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee!! Was I that amazing friend who suggested that AMAZING idea ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading more about your cake escapades!

    ReplyDelete