Sunday 11 September 2011
















So, this cake was for my cousins 21st, he told me he wanted an exact replica of his car. He tells me later on he was just joking, but he asked, he got!!!
Neil has spent a lot of time working on his car, and it is frikkin awesome, he is very, very proud of it!!
So again with this cake I had no idea where to start or how to do it, Tawa my sister in law came over and help me carve it, it was the first cake I had ever carved so we really were in no mans land. The two of us managed it okay in the end, although the shape was rather more like a chevy than a cortina!!!
It took about 3 days in total to complete it, the wheels took me 3 hours on their own!! I was determined every detail be correct, sure the fondant was a little lumpy and it wasn't perfect but it was very much appreciated and took about 3 weeks to eat!!

1 comment: